Sharwama is one of Nigerian favourite street food you can whip up at home. The intriguing part of this recipe is the chilly taste of Suya pepper (Yaji) in it. The outcome of this recipe leaves you drooling for more. This snack is delicious, addictive and easy to prepare.
If you are looking for the ideal refreshment to snack at home or take to work/school, this is for you. Okay, let’s get right into it.
Shawarma bread (either pita bread/flour tortilla wraps)
Small-sized Cabbage (cut into thin strips)
Two medium-sized carrots (grated or cut into thin strips)
Two big Tomatoes (cut into thin strips)
Vegeta Onions (cut into thin strips)
Suya Pepper (Yaji)
1 Tablespoon Vegetable /olive oil (for stir-frying)
For the marinade:
A teaspoon of Tiger thyme leaves
Two teaspoons of Tiger Curry Powder
Two teaspoons of Vegeta Onion flakes
A teaspoon of Tiger Garlic Powder
Larsor Beef Seasoning
Tiger Chilli Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut the vegetables into thin strips and set aside. Also, cut the beef into thin strips and set aside.
2. Place the beef strips into a bowl, add the marinade and mix until it incorporates. Then cover and store in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
3.In a pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the marinated beef & fry on low heat until golden brown. Scoop unto a plate and set aside.
4. Mix Tiger Mayonnaise and ketchup.
5. Place a Sharwama bread on a clean flat surface, spread the ”mayo-ketch” mixture on it and sprinkle some Yaji for extra spice. Then fill it with the mixed sliced vegetables, fold and tuck in the edge to a form a shawarma wrap.
6. When your shawarma rolls are ready, you need to fry them. It is alright if you have a sandwich grill or grill pan, if not fry shawarma rolls on a usual pan. Add little oil on the pan and fry. Now your tastiest shawarma is ready, enjoy and give your beloved a treat.
Let us know your twist.